We are seeking an experienced Firmware Test Development Engineer to join our Core Firmware team to take a leading role in ensuring we continue to deliver quality products to our customers. This includes ensuring quality of products out in the field and maintaining our continuous integration build process to release firmware updates.
- Collect and analyse data from reliability testing;
- Set up & maintain continuous integration for Ultraleap firmware;
- Design ‘production test’ solutions for Ultraleap’s hardware;
- Contribute to failure analysis discussions and take responsibility for regression testing;
- Carry out software release procedures for our firmware;
- Promote best practice with unit tests and code review.
- Proven experience with continuous integration;
- Proven experience of embedded software development;
- Comfortable with scripting languages e.g. Python;
- Instrument control and automation;
- Experience of agile working practices, and a desire to work in an agile team;
- Relevant, proven work experience and higher educational qualifications;
- Ability to learn fast and work in areas outside of your comfort zone;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Ability to meet commitments and timescales under pressure;
- Self-motivation, imagination and proven desire to take full responsibility for solutions.
Occasional travel both European and international may be required.
Ultraleap was formed when Ultrahaptics and Leap Motion came together in May 2019. We’ve brought together the world’s most powerful 3D hand tracking with the only haptic technology able to create the sensation of touch in mid-air. Applications include automotive, digital out-of-home, location-based entertainment, AR/VR, gaming, computing, consumer electronics, and health. We have a team of over 150 spread across the world, with locations in Silicon Valley and Bristol, UK.
Research & Development
Core Team Lead