We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Design Engineer to work closely with a small team of Research, Design and Manufacturing Engineers to develop new products for use with mid air haptics and tracking. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the commercialisation of our haptic technology and the successful growth of the business.
Whilst the role is focused on taking research concepts and developing them to a production design, involvement at every stage of the product lifecycle can be expected. The role will be varied and hands on, from CAD and CAE, through prototyping, build and test, and ultimately to the release of our production designs for manufacture.
- Technical design responsibility for product development, from concept through to design release.
- Support Ultraleap Group product development.
- Document design rules and processes to protect internal IP.
- Develop and maintain the latest acoustic transducer design, analysis and manufacturing techniques.
- Promote enabling technologies and innovative design concepts and methods.
- Manage supplier and partner relationships to enable feasibility checks and prototype manufacture.
- Prepare for and take part in design reviews with senior management as required.
- Work closely with third party manufacturers to sign off on manufacturing feasibility and successfully handover production designs.
- Willingness to get hand-on in a lab environment progressing new technology concepts.
- Degree in relevant field of Engineering.
- Proven experience of design, prototype and test validation.
- Experience in design of products or components for high volume manufacture.
- Working knowledge of multiple manufacturing processes related to electromechanical systems.
- CAD and drafting experience to a high standard (Solidworks preferable).
- Experience with communicating and working with suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Understanding of acoustic design theory, materials and application.
- Working knowledge of FEM modelling tools such as COMSOL.
- Knowledge of the market and manufacturers for ultrasound sensors and associated acoustic and electronic materials and components.
Occasional travel both European and international may be required.
Ultraleap was formed when Ultrahaptics and Leap Motion came together in May 2019. We’ve brought together the world’s most powerful 3D hand tracking with the only haptic technology able to create the sensation of touch in mid-air. Applications include automotive, digital out-of-home, location-based entertainment, AR/VR, gaming, computing, consumer electronics, and health. We have a team of over 150 spread across the world, with locations in Silicon Valley and Bristol, UK.
Research & Development
Head of Engineering