We are seeking an exceptional Senior Customer Solutions Engineer to join our Silicon Valley team. You will be a senior and highly visible technical member of our Silicon Valley office and play a critical role as we grow and scale our business in North America.
The Senior Customer Solutions Engineer provides the technical link between our North America customers and Ultraleap. You will work closely with customers in Silicon Valley and across North America to resolve, guide and generate technical solutions that enable them to incorporate our technology into their end products and solutions. This is an independent role that requires an exceptional combination of technical and customer-facing skills along with extensive experience and broad skills associated with the installation, management, and support of hardware and software solutions.
– Manage the first line of technical interaction with customers. Work closely, either on-site or remotely, with customers’ engineering, development and product teams to provide solutions for both hardware and software that best suit the customer’s requirements.
– Lead customers on a technical journey from evaluation and exploration to integration and production. Assess feasibility, develop or reshape applications, and guide and support the customer throughout.
– Scope new projects and prepare and present technical elements of proposals and statements of work, formulating the intricacies involved in defining the technical solution. Break the project down into tasks for the various engineering teams so it can be estimated and quoted. Lead and drive the technical side of the pre-sales process to conclusion.
– Coordinate with the sales, business development, product, UX/UI, marketing and engineering teams in designing application solutions, and formulating the product specification as per the customer’s needs. Act as a trusted technical bridge between external customer and internal product and engineering teams.
– Work with POC (proof of concept) and acceleration program customers in the Automotive, Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH), Location Based Entertainment (LBE) and AR/VR segments in their progression from use case exploration through concept development to design integration and support.
– Work with the rapid prototyping creative team to design and build quick turnaround applications and associated haptic sensations that prove feasibility and integration in new use cases or markets.
– Document and report learning and insights gained from working directly with customers on the technical side, and feedback those insights into recommendations for future product strategy and engineering attention.
– Maintain the customer experience room in the Silicon Valley office. Ensure all demos and demo computers are updated with the latest releases.
– Establish contact with new customers, whether direct or through distribution, to offer support and advice on use cases. Maintain regular contact with technical leads at key customer accounts.
– Conduct training sessions for demonstrating new products and services at customer sites and support the sales team in organizing the presentation and training of product demonstrations. Contribute to documentation and delivery of technical materials such as user guides, tutorials and application notes.
– Troubleshoot and debug system applications on customer’s request, resolving engineering issues regarding systems application, conducting regular follow up on customer’s activities, and monitoring the same for obtaining new sales opportunities.
– BS degree in electronics or computer science or similar technical field of study.
– Proven experience in a similar role spanning software and hardware applications and solutions.
– Exceptional combination of technical and customer-facing skills.
– Able to relate to design engineers and product managers across various application segments to understand customers’ needs and translate them into technical solutions. Able to assess feasibility, to develop or reshape requests, to work internally and collaboratively to surface technical considerations, and to present technical recommendations and next steps to customers.
– Competent in computer network hardware and infrastructure design and support.
– Knowledge of embedded solutions including ARM cores and FPGAs, firmware and development tools.
– Familiarity with equipment and system architectures utilized in Automotive, Digital Out-of-Home, Location Based Entertainment, and AR/VR solutions a plus. Low bandwidth interfaces (CAN bus, DMX), AR/VR HMDs, media players, ethernet-based transmitters/receivers, video-over-ethernet based devices, etc.
– Experience and ability to code in C++. Experience with Unity a plus.
– Exposure to Computer-Aided Design (AutoCAD).
– Confident and well-versed communicator, with strong oral, written, PowerPoint and presentation skills. Able to interact effectively with customers, architects, engineers, and contractors.
– Able to manage strict timelines with multiple projects in order to meet deadlines.
– Self-starter capable of working on own initiative.
Regular travel to customers in Silicon Valley and across North America will be required.
Occasional travel to UK headquarters will be required.
Ultraleap is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race color, religion national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Ultraleap was formed when Ultrahaptics and Leap Motion came together in May 2019. We’ve brought together the world’s most powerful 3D hand tracking with the only haptic technology able to create the sensation of touch in mid-air. Applications include automotive, digital out-of-home, location-based entertainment, AR/VR, gaming, computing, consumer electronics, and health. We have a team of over 150 spread across the world, with locations in Silicon Valley and Bristol, UK.
Business Development & Marketing
SVP Global Sales & Business Development